Saturday, June 18, 2011

Final Blog


Have you heard the echo? Harassment, abuse, and discrimination are several words that can be used to describe the echo that has existed for centuries. It’s chime can be easily heard among adults, teenagers, and even children. This constant recurrence effect’s everyone and anyone at least one time or another in their life and is not to be taken lightly. The consequences of this echo can be low self-esteem, physical abuse, or even death. Whether, it would be at school, through texting, facebook, or even the everyday workplace, everyone is affected by bullying!   
I began writing this blog nearly over six weeks ago for my English 112 class. Throughout my blog I discussed the different types of bullying, who bullying can affect and how, how to recognize the signs of bullying, personal stories, helpful tips for parents, shared articles on laws, personal stories and shared any interesting thoughts about bullying along the way. Overall I hope I educated anyone who read this blog just as much as I did myself , I thought this was a great opportunity to be creative using a variety of stories, articles and facts to raise awareness. Throughout this process I was amazed how technology can affect children in such as negitive way through cyber bullying. And it made me realize even more how dependent people on are technology.  I now have a better understanding to recognize the signs of bullying for the future whether I have children of my own or family members. And lastly, I was inspired by the personal stories of Megan and Brodie’s families. Even though both these families have been through soooo much, each turned their  difficult times into away to fight for their daughters by helping other victims and creating oppurtunties to speak with parents, teachers, and children about preventing bullying.
Remember if you hear this echo that chimes so frequently even under the watchful eye of parents, teachers, and classmates, make the difference and stand up against Bullying.  



BULLYING STOPS HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment